Not everyone is so fond of this red stuff on the Thanksgiving table. But, trust me, everyone will be wanting more with this recipe! Orange gives it a nice sweet kick! I love the thickness to this sauce, especially the pieces of cranberry that didn’t totally pop away! Perfect with stuffing too!
Every Thanksgiving, everyone seems to always be asking for this cranberry sauce… Jake loves it so much, he has me making it throughout the entire year! This Cranberry Sauce is so easy to make. It is also so tasty! Sweet and tangy, it goes perfect with Thanksgiving dinner! Make a few days ahead of time and store in the fridge until Thanksgiving or for any other time of the year.
Start by adding water, cane sugar and the juice of 1 orange to a medium sauce pot. Cook on low to medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
Rinse the cranberries under some cold water, then add them to the pot. Cook for 20 minutes on medium to high heat, stirring occasionally, until all the cranberries have popped. Add the orange zest and stir well.
Let cool slightly and store in an air tight jar until ready to serve. This can be made ahead of time, either for Thanksgiving or any other time of the year.
- 2lb cranberries (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cup cane sugar
- 1 medium orange, juice and zest
- Add water, cane sugar and the juice of one orange (about 1 cup) to a medium sauce pot. Cook on low to medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Rinse cranberries and add to the pot. Cook on medium to high heat for 20 minutes.
- The cranberries will begin to pop and the sauce will slowly thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Add orange zest.
- Let cool slightly and store in an air tight jar.