It has been quite some time off these past few months. I like to refer to it as a “blogging sabbatical”. Jake and I finally got married in September, the 3rd to be exact. The day prior, we closed on our new home! Hooray! (Took us a year and a half to find the perfect one) We also took a three week honeymoon to Oahu, Hawaii following our wedding, which I will tell you more about soon! It sure was one crazy month! Getting back into things took some time after all that time off.
We have been non-stop working on our new house. I will soon be sharing our new home with you all, as we undergo a major renovation to expand and update the space. So…I will have lots of before and after photos. I will also be sharing my decor and style tips, as well as, all around DIY’s and such!
This past weekend we made some delicious Three Bean Chicken Chili! Perfect with this cold New Jersey November weather. This one pot meal is great for those lazy Sunday’s! Serve up a pot on the weekend and it could last you a few days into the week. Love those kinds of dinners!
To make this fantastic chili you will start by sautéing onions and garlic a little olive oil in a heavy bottom pot or dutch oven on medium heat. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes until translucent and lightly golden. Add the chicken, (or which ever meat you choose to use) to the pot. Continue to cook on medium heat until fully cooked. Mix in the fire roasted diced tomatoes. I use these tomatoes. Using a small bowl, add one cup of water to the tomato paste and mix until combined. Add tomato paste mixture to the pot and stir well. Time to add your seasonings! Add chili powder, cayenne pepper and cumin. Then add 1 cup of Frank’s RedHot Sauce. I love Frank’s because you get the spicy and the vinegar tangy taste! Cook for about 1 hour on low heat. Add your beans and cook for another half hour.
Plate up your chili and top it with finely diced red onions, jalapeños, scallions, a dollop of greek yogurt and freshly grated cheddar cheese. If you prefer it a bit spicier, you can add a few dashes of Frank’s Hot Sauce to the top.
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2lbs of ground chicken
- 2 28oz cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 15oz can of black beans
- 1 15oz can of kidney beans
- 1 15 oz can of red beans
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup scallions, finely diced
- 1-2 cups greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- Using a bottom heavy pot or dutch oven, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil on medium heat.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken. Continue to cook on medium heat until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes. In a small bowl, mix one cup of water with tomato paste. Stir well and add to the pot.
- Stir in 1 cup of Frank's RedHot Sauce.
- Add chili powder, cayenne pepper and cumin. Cook for one hour on low heat.
- Add beans and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve chili in bowls and top with red onion, jalapeños, scallions, a dollop of greek yogurt and cheddar cheese.